Sunday, November 26, 2006

A mysterious growth.

It is a mystery to me, the growth of the church. Sometimes it is so subtle and hidden as individuals mature. Then, their faith grows and begins to boil, spilling over into the lives of others. When this happens it seems that the church just explodes and you look around as I did at the women's conference this morning and just wonder, "Where did all these people come from?" Well they came from the likes of Agodeke; the new church in the Kpeve region that I never remember the name of; Afagnan Gbleta; Amengran; and others that have begun in the last year or so. Places that I've never visited, fields that I've never seen, and roads that I've never driven or walked on. How did it get that way? Who planted these crops? I don't even know some of these soul harvesters that have found these newly ripened fields. Yet, isn't that the way its supposed to be?
Now this has launched me onto a path of discovery to investigate this mysterious growth. I am immediately reminded of two verses:
Isa. 55:9 As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
The second was brought to my attention by my favorite and most wise organic chemistry professor at Harding University, Dr. Don England.
Prov. 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter; to search out a matter is the glory of kings.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

It is beautiful and beyond us.