Sunday, November 19, 2006

Sunday in Adankonou Kope

We had the most amazing feast today in the Atitogon cluster. Freshly smoked fish in a tomato, oil, and hot pepper sauce along with rice, black-eyed peas, roasted casava, boiled corn on the cob, topped off with fresh pineapple and oranges. Today was their annual celebration meal remembering the day when they turned from their idols and decided to follow Jesus. It was incredible hearing all of the testimonies of what God is doing in their lives right now. To consider the changes they have gone through since their repentance is almost beyond belief. It is more than overwhelming as we remember the hopelessness and the fear that they were redeemed from, especially as we observe them now filled with such joy, peace, love, and by his grace hope. My own hope for my sons to love Jesus and serve him was partially realized today as I watched and listened to my oldest son, Tucker, in the local Eve language, talk to our brothers and sisters gathered there about a celebratory feast begun by Jesus. Louise and I couldn't hold back the tears as we listened to him share and encourage. Our Adankonou family couldn't hold back the applause in their joy at his words. It was a really good feast. I wish you could have been there.

1 comment:

Entropy S. said...

Great memories, Marty. Those Adankonou Kope people are great hosts. It is wonderful to see their growth and thankfulness for the priceless blessings in their lives. I wish I could have been there, too. Say 'hi' to Houndjo and the others for me.

--Edwin